SMB and Midmarket businesses are adopting Converged Infrastructure solutions for reduced cost and imrpoved IT efficiency. For slightly more than 1/3rd of small businesses and slightly less than 2/3rd of midmarket businesses, converged infrastructure solutions are among the top 10 IT priorities for 2018. Granted that by the end of year the actual penetration would be less but the very fact that CI/HCI has percolated to the top 10 is an interesting point to note. Cloud is everywhere, but Techaisle believes that efficiency is a reflection of the compute platform, not simply whether it is housed on-premise or at a remote facility and converged infrastructure contributes to the compute platform. SMBs are adopting converged infrastructure for one or more of five primary reasons:
- To benefit from integrated design and efficiency
- To tap into its ability to enable centralization/management of resources
- To capitalize on performance/time-to-benefit advantages
- To improve IT agility and its ability to meet business needs
- To respond to core requirements for cost savings and improved security.
In fact, 39% of midmarket firms said that converged infrastructure helps lower total cost of infrastructure ownership.